International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business July 1st 2013 at the United Nations Geneva Palais des Nations
The 2013 International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business in Geneva
Conference on Ethics in Business at the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
The International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business is an annual event taking place in European Parliament Brussels and its satellite conferences which brings together leaders from business, politics, academia, civil society and faith-based organizations to dialogue on new leadership styles that support inclusive and sustainable development and ensure profitability for businesses. It provides a platform for leading minds to share their experiences and expertise on the value of an ethics-based approach to deal with today’s challenges in the global markets. It also examines the impact of this approach on the bottom line.
The International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business is an initiative of The World Forum for Ethics in Business, a registered public interest foundation with the aim to pursue and establish the indispensable ethical foundations of business in a globalized world.
The Conference in Geneva is a satellite conference held at the United Nations for the first time and is organized in partnership with Global Partnerships Forum. The Global Partnerships Forum brings together policy makers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, investors, and thought leaders from across sectors leaders to address global challenges. The GPF aims to move the needle from aid to investments, using the power of partnerships. For more information, please visit the website: www.Partnerships.org.
The World Forum for Ethics in Business is organizing the 2013 Conference in Geneva in cooperation with:
- International Association for Human Values (IAHV)
- The World Bank Institute
- Global Partnerships Forum
The Conference will consider the following questions:
- What are the qualities of good governance?
- The importance of transparency.
- Business and Ethics – Complementary or Contradictory values Leadership
- In the 21st Century – Time for a Paradigm Shift In the wake of the economic crisis, is globalization still beneficial to society at large? In this next phase of globalization, who are the winners and who are the losers? How can globalization serve as a means to distribute wealth in a more equitable way?
- What is the role of the global organization in addressing poverty, improving education and health systems, and dealing with unemployment and environmental degradation?
- What practices contribute to the highest executive and organizational performance?
- How can organizations implement an ethics-based approach to transforming society and contributing to a better sense of community at the global level, while being profitable and achieving long-term success?
- Leaders share their secrets to sustainability and success!
Leaders share their secrets to sustainability and success!
Ethics in Business Award
Recognizing sustainable success
Announcement of Ethics in Business Award Winners 2013 in European Parliament, Brussels
The World Forum for Ethics in Business (WFEB) will present the 2013 Ethics in Business Award at the International Leadership Symposium on Ethics in Business at the European Parliament Brussels on 28th – 29th November 2013. The WFEB Ethics in Business Award honors individuals and companies that have demonstrated fundamental human values and ethics in life and in the business arena.
For further information and registration please visit www.wfeb.org