About us - International Association for Human Values
The International Association for Human Values (IAHV) is a humanitarian and educational non-governmental organization committed to promote the resurgence of human values in all aspects of life across the globe.
Through a multitude of self-awareness, educational, and outreach programs, IAHV’s mission is to reduce stress and revive human values. These values include a sense of belonging to a common humanity, respect and consideration for all people, compassion and non-violence, a commitment to preserving the natural environment, and an ethic of social service.
- All human beings are equal.
- Responsibility and an attitude of selfless service are the foundation of true empowerment.
- Peace, happiness, and compassion are the intrinsic nature of human beings.
- Socio-economic development must be built on human values to be sustainable.
- Incorporation of human values into all aspects of life will ultimately lead to a more peaceful, just, and sustainable world.
The International Association for Human Values was created in Geneva in 1997 by HRH Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as a global platform for humanitarian initiatives that solve problems by uplifting human values.
Through its country organizations and partners, IAHV conducts service projects and raises funds for humanitarian and disaster relief initiatives throughout the world. IAHV is registered in the following countries: France, Germany, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Russia, Slovenia, USA, Canada, South Africa, Kenya, India, United Arab Emirates, Australia, and St. Lucia.
IAHV’s Middle Eastern efforts were launched in August 2004 with the establishment of the Dubai Humanitarian City, a landmark initiative by the local government to establish the city as a humanitarian hub in the world.
IAHV is registered as a Non Profit Organization with International Humanitarian City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.